Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2016

1st Agarose Gel Pour/Run (Legionella pneumophila Blog Week 6)

Spring Break, short are thee
In your midst I wish
to be.  Once more free
from the petri dish

Yet here I am at,
close to the midnight.
Had I not laid flat
I'd be far from plight.

Hello everyone, that was my sadness from the end of spring break coming through.  I'll jump right into it since there is no better way to do work.  This week in the Lab our team ran PCR on nine samples some of which had been collected nearly 6 months ago.  I'm sure many of you are familiar with this process but after the PCR had been run. We poured 3 gels and ran our samples through 2 of them.  This was the first time I had ever poured the Agarose Gel and it being my first time it did not go well at all.  Luckily Daisy poured the other two and those were the ones we were actually able to use.  Below is an image of the water samples collected.  According to the banding size it appears as though we actually got a positive for the Legionella bacteria, on the first go around!  We didn't have enough time to scan the second gel but once I get the picture I will upload it onto here.  Coming back hasn't been so bad after all!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment